Attended the Ipswich property networking club last night at the Holiday Inn, where the guest speaker was Vanish Patel the founder of the PNC and very successful organisation builder!
Basic Sourcing Techniques:
- Networking Events
A brief description of each of the techniques will follow just to give you an idea of what you should expect and how to move you organisation forward…
Your successs in the property game starts with getting your message out successfully. This requires good reliable leaflet distributer(s) who will ensure your message gets out continuously and consistently over time. Is is clear that people get ill go on holidays etc, so to account for this eventuality the more sources you have providing this service the less of an issue it becomes.
- Recruiting – Place a simple ad in your local paper leaflet dropper required, flexible hours, text name and address to 07892 xxxxxxx for application form. Form should be sent with a return envelope (no stamp), this gets the prospective volunteer to perform the tasks (not you). Form should not indicate salary, instead questions such as how much do you wish to earn per hour or per thousand leaflets
- Maintaining – Offer benefits of maybe £2 to the volunteer for every call you receive, offering a bonus based on a completed deal is too far in the future, hence there is no real incentive!
This a another option to get your message across to the potential client. In this case your competition can easily be on the same level with the use of a credit card and a two minute phone call. With this said it is still a good source of exposure for your corporation.
- Contact – Place a simple ad in your local paper in the classified section (Property Wanted). Try to build a relationship with the newspaper to make advertising as cheap as possible (i.e. long term deals, late deals etc…)
- Maintaining – Run your ad for a least 6 months to a year continuously!
This provides a more wide spread exposure (i.e. world wide), so you can obtain leads from anywhere in the country or the world. Therefore it is essential to have a network of investors you can pass remote or unwanted deals onto. Essential in maximising your return for all deals that pass your way.
- Website – Build your website offer free information reports etc (repossession, debt management etc…)
- Autoresponder – Responses to queries should be automated!
This is where most of your knowledge contacts and even business will come from in your organistion. The strength of the business is NOT money it IS people!.
- Contact – Visit as many networking events as possible and do not break contacts made!
- Maintaining – MAINTAIN MAINTAIN MAINTAIN YOUR CONTACTS!